Tips to KeepYour Rug Clean
When was the last time you had your rug professionally cleaned? You should hire a professional to clean your carpets every 6-12 months depending on the carpet usage.
Cleaning regularly stops the creation of dust bunnies underneath your rug. Rug cleaning can be truly mesmerizing if you follow these tips:
- Vacuum your rug regularly. Horizontally and then vertically. Just take care not to vacuum the fringe of your rug.
- Vacuuming dirt, dust, and dry soil before cleaning, makes the cleaning process easier. You won’t have to change the dirty water so often. So save yourself some time by vacuuming first.
- If you step in chewing gum out on the street but don’t realize it until you tracked it onto your carpet. To get it out, head to the freezer and grab a couple of ice cubes. Ice up the gum for about 30 seconds. Once the gum is frozen, use a spoon to lift the gum and cut the strands of carpet as close to the gum as possible. If you cut only a small amount of carpet, the spot should not be noticeable.
- Always follow the care instructions on the rug label. Do not risk damage, as Oriental rugs are usually very expensive or can have great sentimental value.
- You can get rid of bad odor in your carpet by using certain homemade materials like Baking Soda, Lemon, White Distilled Vinegar, Tea Tree Oil, and Liquid Dish Soap.
- Combine any of the above ingredients with a bowl of water and spread the solution to both sides of the carpet.
- Wash off the carpet with soap and water and let the rug dry under the sun. The heat will eliminate any remaining odor and bacteria. White Vinegar is the best to get rid of urine smells.
- If you have little spots on your rug that you can’t seem to get rid of, try pouring small amounts of hot water on each spot to let it absorb and break up the stain before going over it with the cleaner. It works like a charm!
- Got pets or long-haired humans in the house? Use a window wiper to make your rug feel like new again.
- A homemade carpet freshener is an easy and inexpensive way to deodorize your carpets. Combine Bicarbonate of Soda and choose one of your essential oils to sprinkle down the rug and then vacuum afterward.
Three home health benefits to rug cleaning
- Carpet cleaning eliminates trapped pollutants
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, a carpet or a rug filled with dirt can keep several sources of indoor air pollutants, including dry skin, allergens, particle pollution, and everyday dust and dirt. Toxic gases can be discharged through everyday activities such as vacuuming and walking across the carpet, which can cause them to degrade the air quality in your home. Professional carpet cleaning companies can neutralize these bacteria through proper shampooing formulas and can eliminate deeply trapped pollutants with a high-powered vacuum cleaner.
- Carpet cleaning can clear out dust mite infestations.
Many homes have dust mite infestations, yet most homeowners aren’t aware of these infestations, because the creatures are microscopic.
Dust mites themselves aren’t allergens, but they leave behind feces and body fragments which are. These allergens can be easily inhaled when you disturb the area, which can exacerbate allergies. We use a technique known as steam cleaning while performing carpet cleaning work, which exposes your carpet to high temperatures that dust mites can’t live in.
- Prolongs the life of your carpet and it just looks and feels good.
Shag rugs require that deep scrubbing and cleaning, which is what our facility is set up to do. We clean at least a few shag rugs a day.
Shearing is a great technique to remove sprouts, pilling or fiber pulls and removes faded tips of fibers. It creates a smoother and more attractive look. Our vacuum cleaners can suction all the dirt, bacteria and stains from your rugs.